Business Analysts play a critical role in the management of digital transformation and have a significant impact on improvements to business performance, enhancing profitability and efficiency in all stages of the business process, and across all business functions.
But what about security? In today’s business environment, security is a fundamental driver for increasing stakeholder trust, performance, profitability and efficiency. It is not optional.
Security is an intrinsic aspect of digital business value and must be factored into an organisation’s strategy, culture and change management. Business Analysts are perfectly placed to act as catalysts for “secure” business improvement.
What are the benefits?
Digital Business Risk Awareness Certificate will empower existing and future Business Analysts with the following:
- The fundamentals of digital business and its evolution.
- The fundamentals of digital business risk and its relationship to digital business value.
- The fundamentals of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and its role in helping organizations protect its digital business value.
On completion of the course, students are issued with a Certificate of Completion. The Digital Business Risk Awareness Certificate is accredited through APMG International, certified in the UK by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) and listed as qualified cyber training by Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (DHS CISA) in the US.
Digital Business Risk Awareness Certificate
Module 1: Basics of Digital Transformation & Digital Trust
- What is Digital Transformation?
- Transformation – Industrial to Digital Era
- Digital Transformation & Critical Infrastructure
- Digital Transformation: Attributes of the Digital Enterprise
Module 2: Becoming Digital
- Digital Transformation from the Corner Office
- Becoming “Digital”
- Optimized Rate of Change
- Outside-in, Putting Customers First
- Transforming the Enterprise
Module 3: Cybersecurity & Digital Transformation
- Role of Cybersecurity in Digital Transformation
- Cybersecurity & Critical Infrastructure
- Digital Transformation: Basic Principles (THRIVE)
- Digital Transformation Impacts Many Areas
- Cybersecurity: Key DX Challenges
Module 4: DX & the Framework
- Digital Transformation & NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
- Basic Review of Cybersecurity Practices
- Establish or Improve Cybersecurity Program
- Communicate CS Requirements with Stakeholders
- Buying Decisions
- Identify Opportunities for New or Revised Informative References
- Methodology to Protect Privacy
Module 5: Understanding Cyber Risk
- The Cyber Risk Equation
- Evaluating the Results – What does it all mean?
- Cyber Risk: Business & Technical Vulnerabilities
- Cyber Risk: Assets, Information & Controls
- Basics of Cyber Risk Assessments for Business
Module 6: NIST Cybersecurity Framework Fundamentals
- Cybersecurity Framework for Business
- Cybersecurity Framework Goals and Objectives
This course is delivered by our delivery partner QA
The course is delivered as follows:
- Online delivery via MS Teams
- Regular breaks during training
We encourage you to turn on your camera, however this is not a mandatory requirement. If you have any learning requirements, please contact us before the course begins.
Fees and funding
This course is funded by the Scottish Digital Academy. Please read our terms and conditions and note that a fee may be payable for late cancellation or non-attendance.
Digital Business Risk Awareness Certificate is accredited through APMG International, certified in the UK by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC).
Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email from us. There may be additional information contained within the email. The course joining instructions will be issued one week before the course start date to your registered email address.