This Fee Schedule illustrates our terms and conditions and fees associated with course and coaching delivery as facilitated by the Scottish Digital Academy.
It is used to determine delivery costs and it describes our Terms and Conditions as well as our cancellation and non-attendance fees.
|Effective Date||12 May 2022|
|Approver||Lee Dunn, Head of the Scottish Digital Academy|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Our General Service Level Agreement is an official commitment that prevails between the Scottish Digital Academy (us/we/our) and a stakeholder organisation or course participant (you/your). Particular aspects of the service are agreed between us and you and may be detailed in a separate Statement of Works. Where one does not exist, this General Service Level Agreement will be applicable.
We expect you to comply with the terms of this agreement. Failure to satisfactorily resolve any disagreements between both parties will result in the cancellation of this agreement.
- Our Service Offer
- The availability of places on courses is subject to the published course schedule.
- The Scottish Digital Academy offers open and closed courses. An open course is advertised publicly and available to be booked by any eligible individual working in the public sector. A closed course is a course that can only be attended by individuals identified by an organisation.
- The Scottish Digital Academy also offers support to organisations in their workplace through agile coaching.
- The Scottish Digital Academy is continually developing its courses, responding to delegate feedback and analysis of Scottish public sector needs. Details regarding quality assurance and continuous improvement can be found in our Annual Monitoring and Evaluation Framework.
- Terms of Service
- Service availability is subject to:
- the existing course schedule
- the availability of coaches
- access to technology and devices required to participate
- Course places and the Scottish Digital Academy services will only be available to you once you have registered via our website or signed the documentation.
- The Scottish Digital Academy may contract with a third party supplier or learning / provider when delivering all or part of our service to you.
- Service availability is subject to:
- By completing an order or booking on our website, the delegate, or their representative is responsible for ensuring that any required local approval is in place or will be in place before the service is provided.
- Failure to obtain internal approvals will not constitute a valid reason for dispute of the invoice to the Scottish Digital Academy and full payment will still be required.
- We reserve the right to vary the pricing for courses that we offer. Where this is the case, any variation will be made prior to booking.
- There may be occasions where we offer free spaces on a course where payment is required by other delegates. This is at our discretion and subject to other agreements that may be in place. We do not offer a refund or discount to anyone paying to attend a course where there are also free spaces.
- Billing Process
- The Scottish Digital Academy will charge for online services in accordance with the terms of this agreement.
- The Scottish Digital Academy will invoice you within 30 days after course delivery. This invoice will detail the numbers of delegates from your organisation for each Scottish Digital Academy course and information on other services booked. The numbers of delegates on courses will be recorded by the Scottish Digital Academy, through their booking process and in accordance with the procedures detailed in this agreement.
- Any dispute of the numbers of delegates on the invoice must be raised within 5 working days of receipt of the invoice. In the case of a dispute, evidence provided by the Scottish Digital Academy as to the total number of delegates will be considered conclusive by both parties.
- You agree to pay the invoice within 4 weeks of receipt.
- Cancellations, substitutions and failure to attend
- Following confirmation of your booking, you must give the Scottish Digital Academy written notice prior to the course commencing of the cancellation of a place on a course otherwise the place will be charged – See the Annex for a breakdown of cancellation costs.
- Please note that the courses require a minimum number of delegates to attend in order to run the course effectively and ensure delegates receive the quality of training required. Last minute cancellations, with no suitable replacements provided, will impact whether a course can be delivered or cancelled.
- If a course delegate fails to attend the course without prior cancellation, the place will be charged in full. The course delegate’s manager may be informed.
- If a course is cancelled following confirmation of your booking, cancellation costs will also be incurred for training, coaching, workshop and any other activities agreed to be delivered on-site at your organisation.
- If you or a delegate want to substitute their place, details of the substitution must be given to the Scottish Digital Academy with no less than 5 working days written notice to ensure the right people are given access to the course. If you are unable to provide a ‘suitable’ substitution in the time given and the Scottish Digital Academy do not have a suitable substitution waiting to attend, you will be invoiced and the place and will be charged in full.
- If the Scottish Digital Academy is required to cancel a course it will provide you or the delegate 3 working days written notice before the commencement of a course or service and, where possible, propose alternative dates. You will not be charged for a course which has been cancelled by the Scottish Digital Academy. The Scottish Digital Academy cancels courses only as a last resort.
- For the purpose of this agreement, written notice includes notice provided by email. The cancellation date will be the date the notice of cancellation is received by the Scottish Digital Academy.
- Live online learning courses require a minimum number of delegates to attend in order to have discussion and interaction. Cancellations by delegates with no substitution provided, will impact whether a course can be delivered. If the minimum number of delegates cannot be met, live courses may be cancelled.
- Band A courses (free and/or in trial), will be funded by the Scottish Digital Academy. As the places may be free to people attending a trial course, anyone signing up for a free place will also be confirming they are committed to attending the course for the full duration.
- If the delegate is unable to attend the free course, they will need to advise the Scottish Digital Academy prior to the start of the course and also advise on a named replacement for your booking.
- There may be exceptional circumstances where cancellation or non-attendance fees will be waived, however it is expected that you will inform us at the earliest opportunity where this may apply.
- If the delegate cancels their free place booking less than 5 days prior to the start of the course, and are unable to provide a named replacement, the Scottish Digital Academy will charge the full amount of the course or any price to the maximum cost of the course as otherwise indicated. Cost per delegate is provided in the Annex.
- If the delegate does not attend their free place booking, and has not advised the Scottish Digital Academy within the timeframe requested, resulting in non-attendance for the booking, the Scottish Digital Academy will charge as outlined in 5.12.
- Accessibility and Inclusion
- The Scottish Digital Academy is continuously working to make our service as accessible and usable as possible for all abilities and disabilities. We are continually improving the accessibility and inclusivity of our working practices, behaviours, tools and our physical and online environments.
- Where a delegate requires additional support to take part in a course, delegates should contact the Scottish Digital Academy, at the earliest opportunity but no less than 10 working day prior to the start of the course, to allow time for the Scottish Digital Academy to respond and arrange support.
- Technology Requirements
- The delegate is responsible for following any guidance provided by the Scottish Digital Academy to ensure they are properly set up to take part in online training and coaching.
- The delegate is responsible for ensuring that they can access the online environment and resources provided to them by the Scottish Digital Academy. Where additional support is required to access the required technology, delegates should contact us, at least 10 working days prior to the start of the course to enable the Scottish Digital Academy to respond and support.
- The Scottish Digital Academy does not take responsibility for any technical issues, experienced by the delegates locally such as access to broadband, issues with laptop or personal devices.
- The Scottish Digital Academy seeks to ensure the safety and security of all our delegates online. We seek to maintain an interactive, learning experience, recognising the importance of cyber security. We keep the tool that we use for online training under review and follow advice for ensuring security on our courses.
- Escalation Process
- Any questions, issues or concerns should be directed to the Operations Team in the first instance via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Should the team be unable to provide a satisfactory resolution you should contact the Head of the Scottish Digital Academy, Lee Dunn (email@example.com).
- Data Protection
- All confidential information received by the Scottish Digital Academy from the organisation for the purposes of delivering services will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed to any third party without the consent of the individual, which shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed unless required to be disclosed by law or judicial decree. If you wish to receive a copy of our privacy notice, please contact us.
Table 1 Course Attendance Fees – please see the course information page for the latest fees
|Banding||Type of Provision||Fee|
|Band A||Core Courses and Programmes||£0|
|Band B||Non-Core Courses and Programmes||£Various|
|Band C||Closed Courses on Demand||£5,000|
|Band D||Agile Coaching Service and Bespoke Courses||£1,000 to £1,200 Day Rate|
|Band E||Core Scottish Government Internal Only||£0|
Table 2 Cancellation and Non-Attendance Fees
|Date of Cancellation||Cancellation Fee*||Non-Attendance*|
|0 to 5 days of the course start date||100% fee is payable||100% fee is payable|
|6 to 30 days of the course start date||50% fee is payable||100% fee is payable|
|31 days+ of the course start date||£0||100% fee is payable|
|Transfer of booking to a colleague||£0||100% fee is payable|
|Agreed exceptional circumstances (see 5.11)||£0||100% fee is payable|
* there may be specific fees payable as outlined in a Statement of Works for agile coaching.
Table 3 Core Courses
Our core courses are delivered by our own team and are available at no cost to employees working across the Scottish public and third sectors.
|Course / Programme||Banding||Fee|
|Agile Mindsets||Band A||£0|
|Why Agile?||Band A||£0|
|Product Vision and Roadmaps||Band A||£0|
|User Stories||Band A||£0|
|Digital Scotland Service Standards Awareness||Band A||£0|
|Digital Scotland Service Standards Assessment||Band A||£0|
|Leading in a Digital World||Band A||£0|
|Alumni Programme||Band A||£0|
Table 4 Non-Core Courses and Programmes
Non-core courses and programmes are offered at a subsidised rate to employees working across the Scottish public and third sectors. Core Scottish Government employees can access the offer at no additional cost, unless otherwise stated on the course information page.
|Course / Programme||Banding (Scottish Government)||Fee (Scottish Government)||Banding (Other)||Fee (Other)|
|Agile Practitioner||Band E||£0||Band B||£610|
|Agile Leader||Band E||£0||Band B||£610|
|Service Design Champions||Band E||£0||Band B||£275|
|Other||Band B||£Various||Band B||£Various|
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do you charge to attend a course?
The Scottish Digital Academy runs on a cost recovery model. This is a corporate offering which goes beyond Scottish Government, as the courses are open to all Scottish public and third sector organisations. Specialist resource, operational and ad hoc costs need to be recovered.
The charges for attending courses and for using our service are outlined in our Terms and Conditions. All areas have delegated learning & development budgets and we are only seeking to recover the cost of delivering courses. We’d be more than happy to have a chat with teams about how the Scottish Digital Academy can support learning needs.
How much does it cost to attend a course?
All fees are illustrated on the course information page.
How do I pay for a course?
Once your course has finished, we will be in touch to request a PO number which will be referenced on our invoice. You can then choose to pay either through the invoice or by your organisation’s credit card. Instructions are given on the back of the invoice.
What are your cancellation fees?
Cancellation fees are illustrated in our terms and conditions.
How do I cancel a course booking?
If you have booked to attend a course, you will receive an automated email from us. This will contain the details that allows you to cancel. Please note that a cancellation fee may apply.