You’ll be taken through a process spanning four learning units over six months with 17 live sessions and interactive content on a virtual learning environment. We connect theory and practical applications through a mix of experiences, live classrooms, watch anytime videos, teamwork, mentoring and case studies.
What are the benefits?
- Develop a knowledge of the fundamental tools and methods used throughout the service design process and the ability to apply these in your own professional domain
- Build skills in user research by implementing methods to identify the needs of service users and undertaking a small-scale user research project
- Explore how co-design can be developed as an approach that involves service users collaboratively in the service design process
- Communicate and reflect on a service design project process and outcomes
What to expect
- Consultants, accredited to Master Trainer and Trainer level by the Service Design Network, who facilitate in highly collaborative ways and have a wide range of creative methods to bring the design mindset to individuals and organisations
- Creative learning for changemakers
- Tried and tested learning designed by people like you
- It’s not about hot air neither is it a talking shop – it’s about learning by doing. We believe the ability to question, be curious & interrogate are as important as knowing the methods & mapping the journeys
- Connections, network opportunities and a One Year Membership of the Service Design Network to provide you with the very best content from the world of service design
- Learning accredited and certificated by the Scottish Qualifications Authority and the Service Design Network
- Storytelling with The Story Edge – the skills to tell your service design story
- Delegates like you – Professionals interested in creative problem-solving approaches, who want to engage people and communities, in decision making through creative processes.
Who is it for?
Entry to this qualification is at the discretion of the Service Design Academy. However, it is recommended that the candidate has a standard of communication skills in English equivalent to SCQF level 5.
- Learning Labs are delivered via Microsoft Teams/Zoom
- We use a variety of safe, online platforms to connect with you – Teams, Zoom, Miro, Slack, Rise (VLE)
- All learning is in English
- The PDA in Service Design is made up of 4 SQA Unites with 32 credits at SCQF Level 7
- Each Unit equates to approximately 40 hours of study
- Learners must complete four units to achieve the PDA in Service Design. These are:
- Service Design: Tools & Methods
- Service Design: User Research
- Service Design: Co-Design
- Service Design: Project
This course is managed and delivered by the Service Design Academy. Please contact them directly to register your interest.