The Delivery Manager practitioner course will enable you to do the following with confidence in an agile environment:
- Understand and apply Agile techniques, which is about adapting your project design, development and delivery activities regarding the scope of the work, the deadlines, the people on your team and your business and/or customer’s needs.
Understand the nature of “digital delivery” which consists of using computer networks, software, and internet-based technology to build and deliver products and services.
Communicate from a business development and strategic perspective, the reasons for completing a given project.
Know how to identify the right technologies and other resources in order to complete projects.
Understand the distinctions between a project delivery manager with a business optimization focus, versus a delivery manager with a direct customer focus.
Collaborate closely with designers, developers, and other specialists as a united digital project team.
Manage digital projects via techniques of identifying the right strategies, scoping, cost estimation, risk and issue analysis, resourcing, design, development and quality assurance.
Manage the project timeline and budget. Key objectives are to control and monitor the details and stay on top of those details and keep the timeline and the budget within boundaries.
Constantly look for potential issues and risks, and communicate those issues out to teams, stakeholders and customers. Sometimes they can resolve the issues on their own, or sometimes they need the team to help to resolve the issues.
Possess an awareness and understanding of the digital product development phases across teams.
Possess an awareness or understanding of strategy, customer experience, user experience, business analysis, design, business writing, technology development, Quality Assurance, and analytics.
Day 1 – 24th April – Full Day (Some time on Zoom calls, some time self working)
Day 2 – 25th April – Full Day (Some time on Zoom calls, some time self working)
Day 3 – 26th April – Half day in the morning
Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email from us. There may be additional information contained within the email. The course joining instructions will be issued one week before the course start date to your registered email address.
This course is facilitated on our behalf by one of our official delivery partners. You may receive additional information from them prior to or after the course start date.
Skill level: Practitioner
This course develops knowledge associated with the following skills:
- Agile and lean practices
- Team dynamics and collaboration
- Maintaining delivery momentum
- Life-cycle perspective
- Communication skills
- Making a process work
- Financial management
- Commercial management
The course is delivered as follows:
- We are piloting the delivery of this course via our new training platform “Neve” – once you have registered you will receive an enrolment link to access the platform a week prior to the commencement of the course along with further instructions
- Regular breaks during training
We encourage you to turn on your camera, however this is not a mandatory requirement. If you have any learning requirements, please contact us before the course begins.
Pre-Course work (approximately 1 hour)
- This will be available on the Neve platform
Day 1 – AM
- Ice-breaker (30 minutes)
- Review pre-course work Q & A (45 minutes)
- Set up ‘What is a Delivery Manager’ (45 minutes)
- Offline Work (45 Minutes
Day 1 – PM
- Set up ‘Agile Teams’ (30 minutes)
- Offline Work – ‘Your Agile Team’ (30 minutes)
- Replay Agile Teams (30 minutes)
- Set up Digital Scotland Service Standard (45 minutes)
Day 2 – AM
- Offline Digital Scotland Service Standard work (45 minutes)
- Replay Digital Scotland Service Standard work (45 minutes)
- Daily practice set up
- Daily practice offline work
Day 2 – PM
- Set up managing changes (60 minutes)
- Offline managing changes work (scope/budget etc)
Day 3 – AM
- Replay managing changes work
- Remaining 30 minutes, 1-2-1 or small group sessions with trainer.
Fees and funding
This course is funded by the Scottish Digital Academy. Please read our terms and conditions and note that a fee may be payable for late cancellation or non-attendance.
What are the benefits?
Delivery Managers need an advanced understanding of:
- Agile values, particularly in the context of thinking about the best ways to adapt to challenges in order to deliver solutions.
- Agile development activities, focused on meeting the expectations of the business and/or product development sponsors.
- Defining project success via the project requirements, ideas, insights and deliverables.
- Maintaining communications with analysts, engineers, product managers and their teams to ensure project deliverables are generated successfully.
- Communicating trade-offs that can significantly impact projects to ensure risk mitigation, and successful project delivery.
- Identifying the best ways to allocate resources to deliver products and/or services on time to stakeholders and users.
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone working in the public or third sectors in Scotland and working in a product management, delivery management or business analyst role.