The Delivery Manager practitioner course will enable you to do the following with confidence in an agile environment:
- Understand and apply Agile techniques, which is about adapting your project design, development and delivery activities regarding the scope of the work, the deadlines, the people on your team and your business and/or customer’s needs.
Understand the nature of “digital delivery” which consists of using computer networks, software, and internet-based technology to build and deliver products and services.
Communicate from a business development and strategic perspective, the reasons for completing a given project.
Know how to identify the right technologies and other resources in order to complete projects.
Understand the distinctions between a project delivery manager with a business optimization focus, versus a delivery manager with a direct customer focus.
Collaborate closely with designers, developers, and other specialists as a united digital project team.
Manage digital projects via techniques of identifying the right strategies, scoping, cost estimation, risk and issue analysis, resourcing, design, development and quality assurance.
Manage the project timeline and budget. Key objectives are to control and monitor the details and stay on top of those details and keep the timeline and the budget within boundaries.
Constantly look for potential issues and risks, and communicate those issues out to teams, stakeholders and customers. Sometimes they can resolve the issues on their own, or sometimes they need the team to help to resolve the issues.
Possess an awareness and understanding of the digital product development phases across teams.
Possess an awareness or understanding of strategy, customer experience, user experience, business analysis, design, business writing, technology development, Quality Assurance, and analytics.
What You Will Learn
Delivery Managers need an advanced understanding of:
- Agile values, particularly in the context of thinking about the best ways to adapt to challenges in order to deliver solutions.
- Agile development activities, focused on meeting the expectations of the business and/or product development sponsors.
- Defining project success via the project requirements, ideas, insights and deliverables.
- Maintaining communication with analysts, engineers, product managers and their teams to ensure project deliverables are generated successfully.
- Communicating tradeoffs that can significantly impact projects to ensure risk mitigation, and successful project delivery.
- Identifying the best ways to allocate resources to deliver products and/or services on time to stakeholders and users.
Digital Project Delivery Managers will understand agile project management techniques to collaborate within digital product development teams, to facilitate the best ways to deliver results on-time and within budget.
This course is open to professionals with prior or current experience of project delivery management. Ideally, participants will have some knowledge of business and data analysis, systems analysis and/or digital technology. Experience working on Information Technology infrastructure projects, software development projects, or with agile teams is desirable, but not required.
Laptop or device to attend a web-based videoconference call.
During the training we will possibly be using one of the following online collaboration tools, all of which do not require a prior account to access. A link will be provided during the training.
To view these tools, the learner will require an internet browser that does not restrict them.
- Google Docs &/or Workspace
- Mural or Miro
- Zoom or Microsoft Teams
If this is not possible, please let us know when signing up.